American Research Bureau’s roots date back to 1935 when founder Vincent H. Telling began researching unclaimed estates and connecting heirs with their rightful inheritances. Since then, ARB has become the trusted leader in international probate research in the United States. We assist government agencies, the courts, legal professionals, trustees, administrators and executors to document and locate legal heirs.
In 1986, Vincent H. Telling retired and Mary E. Schwartz became President. In order to meet the growing needs of a broader worldwide audience, ARB relocated its research center in 1991 from Los Angeles, California, to Salt Lake City, Utah — the genealogy capital of the world. ARB has satellite offices in Los Angeles, New York, and Fort Lauderdale. Mary E. Schwartz continues to serve as Chairman of the Board and has appointed Todd C. Hamblin as Chief Executive Officer. ARB’s research team has over 200 combined years of genealogical and probate research and has successfully connected thousands of heirs with their rightful inheritance.
Through our best-in-class research and unmatched success rates, we transparently connect people with their rightful inheritances, re-establishes long-forgotten relationships, and brings hope and well-deserved peace of mind to those who need it most. The quality of personalized support we provide you comes from decades of experience in the industry. We strive to do our very best, every time, to ensure your best interest is always at the forefront, to stand behind our word and to give you our all. We don’t get paid until you do, therefore we are highly invested in establishing and securing your rightful inheritance as quickly as possible.
ARB is affiliated with a variety of professional organizations including:
- Better Business Bureau Accredited
- American Association of State and Local History
- Ancestry Research Club
- Association of Professional Genealogists
- California Association of Licensed Investigators
- California State Genealogical Association
- Connecticut Society of Genealogists, Inc.
- Federation of Genealogical Societies
- Jewish Genealogical Society, Inc.
- Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce
- National Genealogical Society
- New England Historic and Genealogical Society
- New York Genealogical and Biographical Society
- Salt Lake Chamber of Commerce
- Utah Genealogical Association
- West Los Angeles Genealogical Society
- World Association of Detectives
American Research Bureau is SOC 2 compliant. SOC stands for Service Organization Control and represents a rigorous auditing procedure set forth by the AICPA (American Institute of Certified Public Accountants). Our certification ensures, by third-party audit, that our services securely manage your data and protect your interests.
The Trust Principles of SOC 2 are as follows:
- Security — Our system resources are secured against unauthorized access and help prevent potential system abuse, theft or unauthorized removal of data.
- Availability — Our services will remain dependable.
- Processing Integrity — Our systems deliver the right data at the right time and the right price.
- Confidentiality — Our secure data remains confidential and is protected behind rigorous access controls.
- Privacy — Our policies ensure the collection, use, retention, disclosure and disposal of secure information are in accordance with the AICPA’s generally accepted privacy principles.
ARB is proud to support organizations that make a difference in our communities. ARB team members lead and serve on various philanthropic boards and donate significant time and effort to youth, civic, and religious groups. Engaging to make our communities a better place to live is one of ARB’s core values.